Keurig B130 / K130: Cleaning & Descaling
Getting “short” cups or bad-tasting coffee from your Keurig K130 or B130 brewer?
You might not know it, but the water flowing through your coffee machine contains lots of minerals which build up over time, eventually forming limescale and other bad deposits which can lead to machine corrosion, mineral build-up, and undesirable tastes in your coffee.
Luckily, you can help to reduce these bad effects and even improve the lifespan of your coffee machine by following these simple steps:
1) DESCALING SOLUTION RINSE
- Turn on your brewer.
- Press to open Handle but do not add a K-Cup® pod. Immediately lower Handle to open the Water Tank Lid.
- Pour one third (4.6 oz) of Keurig®Descaling Solution into Hot Water Tank (note measurement lines on label) and add fresh water to the fill line.
- Place a large ceramic mug on the Drip Tray Plate.
- Lower the Handle and press the BREW button.
2) DESCALING RINSE AND REPEAT
- Repeat above process until you press the BREW button.
- Power off the brewer just after it starts to dispense and then allow it to sit for at least 30 minutes.
- Place the mug on the Drip Tray Plate and press the BREW button. Do not add a K-Cup® pod.
3) FRESH WATER RINSE
- Perform actions in Step 1, using 8 oz of fresh water, only. (Do not add Descale Solution.)
- Repeat 2 additional times.