Keurig K-Select / K80: Cleaning & Descaling
Getting “short” cups or bad-tasting coffee from your Keurig K-Select or K80 brewer?
You might not know it, but the water flowing through your coffee machine contains lots of minerals which build up over time, eventually forming limescale and other bad deposits which can lead to machine corrosion, mineral build-up, and undesirable tastes in your coffee.
Luckily, you can help to reduce these bad effects and even improve the lifespan of your coffee machine by following these simple steps:
1) DESCALING SOLUTION RINSE
- Turn the brewer off by pressing the power button. Ensure that there is no beverage pod in the K-Cup® pod holder.
- Pour the entire bottle of Keurig® Descaling Solution into an emptied water reservoir. Then fill the empty bottle with water and pour into the water reservoir. Press the power button to turn the brewer back on.
- Place a large ceramic mug on the Drip Tray Plate and run a rinsing brew by lifting and lowering the handle and selecting the largest brew size.
2) DESCALING RINSE AND REPEAT
- Repeat the previous process until the add water light is illuminated. Do not use a K-Cup® pod.
- Let brewer stand for at least 30 minutes while still on.
- After 30 minutes, discard any residual solution from the water reservoir and rinse thoroughly.
3) FRESH WATER RINSE
- Fill the water reservoir with fresh water to and not beyond the MAX fill line.
- Place a large mug on the drip tray plate and run a rinsing brew using the largest brew size. Do not use a K-Cup® pod. Pour the contents of the mug into the sink.
- Repeat brew process until you have completed at least 12 rinsing brews using the largest brew size.